Saturday, July 10, 2010

More Scrapbook Steals Challenges

We reached the end of a great birthday week over at Scrapbook Steals. They ended it with a live chat followed by a video chat. Dan from Fancy Pants joined Melodee and Kristy and brought a big box of loot. Everyone who joined in on the chat will be getting a little something! There was another great sketch for the Day 4 challenge. I really had a lot of fun with this one and it did not take me any time at all to decide what pictures to use. My fabulous cousin, Maria, threw me a bridal shower in February 2009. My best friend, Nicole (and her husband Justin) were able to fly out to Arizona for the big event! We took a little day trip out to Tortilla Flat. It as a beautiful day and the scenery was gorgeous. We had lunch at a restaurant there where they had dollar bills all over the walls and ceiling. It was a neat place. Anyway, here is the page. I used Basic Grey Granola pp, stickers, and chip stickers. I cut out the letters with the Life is a Beach cricut cartridge and added a few American Craft brads. Hope you like it.



Friday there were 4 more challenges posted. One being the birthday card that I posted last night. Another one was to use 6 different sheets of patterned paper. I decided that since I had a lot of the BG granola I would make a second page to go with the first Tortilla Flat. I just reversed the top image to make a double page layout. I love how the 2 pages turned out! I used some of the pp to make the frame around the top photo. With the other 3 I cut out a cactus (Destinations cart) and 2 leaves (Life is a Beach). I also cut out the Arizona tag from Destinations and added a couple AC brads. I am loving these sketches!

1 comment: