Monday, October 25, 2010

Cheap Stickles storage...ie. free!



I was working on a couple different things today, but neither is ready for posting. So I thought I would share what I did over the weekend. My drawer that I was storing my Stickles in was getting full and I really wanted some way to store them upside down. I used this amazon box that normally would have just gone in the recycling. I used my creative memories circle cutter to make 1" circles on the 2 top flaps. Then I used an exacto knife to cut the circles out since the circle cutter didn't go all the way through. My husband was helping me with that. :) Then he constructed a few supports inside the box so that it wouldn't collapse. Then we taped it all shut! As you can see, I have plenty of extra holes for more! Thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

  1. This is a great way to store your Stickles. Thanks for posting on my new Stalker Page... it worked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome idea!!! Very creative! XOXO Momo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a super fabulous idea!!!
    Hugs,
    Raven

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather - is the upside down storage to keep them from clogging? I have started storing my glossy accents upside down and it works for that. So far my Stickles haven't clogged, but I also haven't used them much yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't used mine enough yet to have any problems either. I "heard" that it's best to store them upside down so the stuff stays in the top for easy use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, thanks!

    You could spray paint the whole thing some shiny color befitting the stickles it holds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great recycling idea..but I would cover it with contact paper or paint, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I realized after I posted and was looking at the pictures that most people would probably decorate the box! But, I would rather spend my time decorating pages or cards :)

    ReplyDelete