Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Thanks a Melon!




Who doesn't need a thank you card on hand? I liked this one from the Just Because cricut cartridge. Although it did cause a few problems. I didn't cut out the card base from the cartridge since I already had one ready that was the right color. So I used the real dial size for the first time to cut out the watermelon and the words. But it was kind of tricky figuring out what size was the "right" size. I cut out "Thanks a Melon" at 1 1/2 inches and then tried to cut out the "thanks a" at the same size but it was too big. So then I thought ok that needs to be half the size because it's half the word. Well 3/4 inches was too small. The "a" mostly fit so I just used that part. I think it looks ok. I used the color combo from PPC #33. And the challenge over at Wee Memories #25 is Tutti Frutti! Thanks for stopping by! (The card base is navy blue even though it looks purple in the picture!)

7 comments:

  1. Cute, love the saying! lol Great use of the color combo! Thanks for playing along with PPC this week!
    Paula-PPC DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I've never tried the real dial size. There's so much to do with the cricut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever thank you card and cute to boot! :) Glad you joined us at Wee Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! I agree it's tricky figuring out what size you need! It would be great if Provo craft gwve you size suggestions for A2 cards! It would certainly keep us from pulling our hair out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the challenge! Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super sweet! Thanks for playing with us Wee Memories girls!

    ReplyDelete