Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Happy Birthday Tree part 2!




Today is my husband's 36th birthday! I had a hard time deciding what to do for his card. I eventually decided on the color combo from Off the Wall Craftiness #30 and the sketch from Scrapbook Steals Monday Card Madness #3. I used the pagoda cricut cartridge to cut out the tree and the "celebrate" for the inside. I used Close to my Heart Precious Alphabet stamps for "celebrate" since the diecut came out way too small and was unreadable. The ink is SU's Handsome Hunter. The pp is from Basic Grey's Mellow collection. The brown cardstock is Stampin' UP's chocolate chip and the green is some from my stash. The ribbon is American Crafts and the 36 is from my package of By the Yard Thickers. Thanks for stopping by!


5 comments:

  1. Wonderful masculine card! Thanks for joining in the fun and playing along with us at OTWC and Good luck! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to the Husband!! I hope he liked his card and enjoyed the celebrating :) The background paper coordinates nicely with the inspiration photo. What do the asian characters mean?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It means celebrate. The diecut just came out too small to use, so I stamped it instead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! It looks like the Cypress tree in Carmel where I am from! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC and good luck!!!!!

    ReplyDelete